Healthy Recipes - Healthy Eating Print this page
Tuna with Egg Salad
This one serving salad recipe provides a unique way to use parts of a can of tuna, up to 4 servings, when you purchase a 5 oz. can. You can make a total of 4 servings if you want to use up the entire can, or just make one, two or three servings, and freeze the left-over tuna in one-ounce portions (one serving size) for future use. The choice is yours.
1 serving: 165 mg. sodium per serving
1-1/2 cups torn romaine lettuce leaves
1. Drain tuna in a colander; rinse, and break tuna up into small chunks. Measure tuna into four (1/4 cup) servings. Freeze the three extra servings that are not used in making this single serving of the salad.
2. Make the vinaigrette dressing (see below)
3. Have all other ingredients on hand.
1. Chop the egg into chunks. Place into a bowl.
2. Add lettuce, tuna and roasted tomato to the bowl.
3. Pour vinaigrette dressing over the salad. Mix to combine well.
4. Let salad sit for 15 minutes to allow flavors to blend, stirring once. Serve. (If more than one serving is made, salad can be divided up onto plates. Otherwise, it's easy to eat the salad out of the bowl.)
Vinaigrette Dressing (1 serving)
1 Tablespoon olive oil