Healthy Recipes - Healthy Eating Print this page
Stove Top Tuna with Noodles
This recipe offers an easy way to turn tuna into a quick, healthy meal for lunch or dinner. The tuna I buy has 29 mg. of sodium per serving. If this product is not available in your market, adjust the sodium content accordingly.
2 servings: 310 mg. sodium per serving
2 ounces small elbow macaroni noodles
1 Combine chicken broth, milk and lemon juice in a bowl.
2. Combine onion and garlic in a separate bowl.
3. Combine parsley flakes, pepper, dill weed and salt in a separate bowl.
4. Drain tuna in a colander; break up into small pieces.
4. Have all other ingredients on hand.
1 Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain; do not rinse. Set aside.
2. While noodles are cooking, heat oil in a 9-inch skillet over medium-low heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes, until onions are tender.
3. Add spices. Cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute.
4. Add chicken broth mixture. Stir to combine.
5. Add tuna. Stir to combine.
6. Add noodles. Stir to combine. Bring mixture to a boil; reduce heat to low. Simmer until noodles have absorbed the broth mixture, about 4 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
7. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Cover pan. Cook for several minutes, until cheese has melted. Serve. (For color, you can sprinkle a pinch of paprika over each serving.)