Healthy Recipes - Healthy Eating Print this page
Open Face Tofu Sandwich
2 teaspoons healthy oil
1. Combine the garlic granules, pepper and salt in a bowl.
2. Have all other ingredients on hand.
1. Press liquid out of tofu (see How to Freeze Tofu). Set aside.
2. Heat oil in a 9-inch skillet over medium-low heat. Add bell pepper. Cook, stirring often, for 7 minutes, until softened. Add spices. Cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute.
3. Crumble tofu into the skillet. Stir to combine. Add lemon juice. Stir again. Cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
4. While tofu mixture cools, mash the avocado in a bowl until on the smooth side but still lumpy.
5. Add mayonnaise and mustard. Stir to combine well.
6. Add cooled tofu mixture to the bowl. Stir to combine.
7. Lightly toast bread. Divide avocado mixture in half, and spread evenly onto the pieces of toasted bread. Serve.