Healthy Recipes - Healthy Eating Print this page
Currtied Chicken Thighs
Curried dishes have such a distinct flavor that it is easy to create low salt meals without losing a delicious taste experience.
4 servings; 162 mg. sodium per serving
1-1/4 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
1. Place onion and garlic in a bowl.
1. Heat oil in a 9 inch skillet over medium heat. Add chicken. Brown on both sides, about 2 minutes per side. Remove chicken to a plate.
2. Add onion and garlic. Turn heat down to medium low. Cook until onion is tender, about 5 minutes, stirring often.
3. Add seasoning mix. Stir to combine. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring often.
4. Add water to pan. Stir to combine. Add chicken, turning once to coat with liquid. Bring liquid to a boil. Cover pan; turn heat to low, and simmer for 30 minutes. Remove chicken from pan; keep warm.
5. Combine cornstarch and water in a small bowl. Stir to combine well. Add to skillet. Cook about 1 to 2 minutes, stirring constantly, until sauce thickens.
6. Add raisins. Stir to combine. Heat through. Serve sauce over 4 servings of chicken.