Healthy Recipes - Healthy Eating Print this page
Cod Fish Fried and Broiled
2 servings: 250 mg. sodium per serving
Non-stick cooking spray that will take medium high heat
1. Mix Parmesan cheese and next 5 ingredients in a bowl.
2. Pat fish very dry with a towel.
3. Have all other ingredients on hand.
1. Spray the unheated bottom of a 9-inch skillet with the non-stick cooking spray that will take medium high heat.
2. Heat the sprayed 9-inch skillet over medium high heat. Add the 2 Tablespoons healthy oil. Turn heat down to medium.
3. Place fish fillets in the skillet. Cook for 5 minutes. Turn fish over and cook for 5 more minutes, or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
4. Transfer fish to a shallow, ungreased baking sheet. Top with cheese mixture. (If fish has fallen apart when turned, transfer fully cooked pieces to the baking sheet and press pieces together in the shape of the original fillets. Spread cheese mixture gently over the top of the newly formed fillets.)
5. Broil in toaster oven for about 2 to 3 minutes, until topping is bubbly and lightly browned. Serve.