Healthy Recipes - Healthy Eating Print this page
8 ounces no salt added extra firm or firm tofu
1. Gently press the water out of the tofu with a dish towel.
2. Cut tofu into 1/4-inch slices.
2. Combine the olive oil, Tamari sauce and cornstarch in a bowl.
3. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Lightly grease the paper.
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Place the tofu pieces onto the greased parchment paper. Brush half the olive oil mixture over the first side of the tofu pieces.
3. Turn the pieces of tofu over with a spatula. Brush the rest of the olive oil mixture over the second side of the tofu pieces.
4. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes. Turn tofu pieces over. Bake until the tops are browned, about 20 minutes more.
5. Use baked tofu in any low sodium recipe that uses tofu if you would prefer a crispier textured dish.