Healthy Recipes - Healthy Eating Print this page
2 cups all purpose flour
1. Place the flour, baking powder, cream of tartar and sugar into a large bowl. Stir to combine well.
2. Using a pastry cutter or two knives, cut the butter or margarine into the flour mixture until the flour is crumbly.
3. Make a well in the center of the mixture; pour the milk into the center. Stir with a fork until the flour is completely combined with the milk, and can be made into a ball.
4. Place the ball onto a lightly floured board. Knead gently by pressing both hands into the mixture, turning and folding the mixture and pressing with both hands again, repeating this process 8 to 10 times until the dough is smooth.
5. Add a small more amount of flour to the board. Roll the dough with a lightly floured rolling pin to 1/2 inch thickness. Cut the dough into 12 biscuits with a biscuit cutter, re-rolling the extra pieces of dough as necessary.
6. Place the biscuits onto an ungreased baking sheet.
7. Heat the oven to 450 degrees F. Place biscuits into the oven, and cook for 10 to 12 minutes, until lightly browned. Serve.