Healthy Recipes - Healthy Eating Print this page
The sodium content of this recipe is based on using leaf lettuces which are very low in sodium. If you decide to substitute a cup of fresh spinach as a salad ingredient, a tasty alternative, the total milligrams of sodium per serving is 179. A salad is a fine way to use up the leftover pineapple chunks from other recipes such as Sweet and Sour Meat Patties.
2 servings; 167 mg. sodium per serving
4 cups various lettuces, washed and dried
1/4 cup plain fat free yogurt
1. Tear lettuce into bite size pieces. Place in a large bowl.
1. Wash and dry the lettuces. Place in a large bowl.
2. Add the onion, green bell pepper, and pineapple. Toss to combine.
3. Add chicken and salad dressing. Toss to combine.
4. Divide salad evenly on two plates. Sprinkle each salad with half the toasted almonds. Serve.