Healthy Recipes - Healthy Eating Print this page
Sweet and Sour Meat Patties
1 (15 oz) can pineapple chunks with pineapple juice
1. Drain juice from the canned pineapple into a 1 cup measurer. Add water, if necessary, to make 1 cup. Pour into a bowl.
1. Heat oil over medium low heat in a 12 inch skillet.
2. When oil is hot, place meat patties into the pan. Cook until brown, about 2 to 3 minutes. Turn patties over and cook on second side until brown, about 2 minutes more. Remove patties from pan and set aside.
3. Add drained pineapple juice and green bell pepper to the pan. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Turn heat down to low and simmer for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
.4. Add brown sugar mixture. Stir while the mixture thickens, about 1 minute.
5. Put meat patties back into the pan, turning once to coat with sauce. Cover and simmer until meat patties are done, about 5 to 7 minutes. Add pineapple slices; heat through. Serve.