Healthy Recipes - Healthy Eating Print this page
Dandelion Greens Pasta
4 servings: 273 mg. of sodium per serving
6 ounces thin spaghetti pasta
1. Cook pasta according to package directions, without adding salt. Drain, saving 1/2 cup pasta water. Do not rinse.
1. Heat oil over medium low heat in a stockpot. Add mushrooms and cook until browned, about 5 minutes, stirring often. Stir in leek and garlic; cook for 2 more minutes, stirring often.
2. Add dandelion greens. Stir to combine. Add peppers and salt; stir to combine again. Cook, stirring constantly, for about 2 minutes, until dandelion greens begin to wilt.
3. Add pasta water. Stir to combine. Add cooked noodles. Bring mixture to a soft boil; turn down heat and cook until noodles have absorbed the water, stirring often, about 5 minutes.
4. Sprinkle with grated cheese. Cover pot. Cook for 2 minutes, or until cheese melts.
5. Divide stir-fry evenly on four plates. Sprinkle with crushed croutons. Serve.
*You can make your own low sodium croutons by using the recipe for Croutons for Caesar Salad, and leaving out the spices. If you cannot find the French bread with a sodium content of 10 mg. per ounce, purchase the lowest sodium plain croutons you can find, and adjust the sodium content of this dish accordingly.