Healthy Recipes - Healthy Eating Print this page
Beans, Peas and Potatoes
2 servings: 161 mg. sodium per serving
1 Tablespoon healthy oil
1. Cover potatoes with water in a saucepan. Bring water to a boil; turn down to simmer and cook 10 minutes, or until potatoes are tender. Drain and set cooked potatoes aside.
1. Heat oil in a 9 inch skillet over medium low heat. Add onions. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Add peas. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
3. Add seasonings. Stir to combine. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly
4. Add the 1/4 cup liquid from canned beans. Stir to combine.
5. Add potatoes and beans. Stir to combine.
6. Turn heat up to medium until mixture starts to sizzle; then turn heat down to simmer. Simmer 10 minutes, uncovered, stirring occasionally. Serve.