Healthy Recipes - Healthy Eating Print this page
Tuna Avocado Salad
Salads are a sure bet for tasty, low salt dishes. The combination of tuna and avocado with spices makes this salad especially delicious.
2 servings: 202 mg. sodium per serving
2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
1. Combine lime juice, oil, cilantro, honey, garlic and black pepper in a small bowl.
1. Place tuna into a bowl. Pour 2 Tablespoons lime juice mixture over the tuna. Mix to combine.
2. Place avocado into a bowl. Pour remaining lime juice mixture over the avocado. Mix to combine. Let tuna and avocado stand for 10 minutes.
3. Combine avocado and tuna. Mix gently.
4. Add tomato and green onions. Mix gently.
5. Sprinkle salt over the tuna mixture. Stir gently to combine. Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
6. Divide tuna mixture in half and serve one half on each lettuce leaf.