Healthy Recipes - Healthy Eating Print this page
The no salt added soba noodles are a delicious substitute for rice noodles, giving the soup a heartier texture and taste. Look for them in the Asian section of your market.
2 servings: 297 mg. sodium per serving
1-1/2 heaping teaspoons minced garlic
1. Place minced garlic and ginger in a bowl.
1. Heat the oil in a stockpot over medium low heat. Add the garlic and ginger. Cook for 30 seconds.
2. Add the vegetables. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
3. Add the rest of the ingredients except noodles. Stir to break up tofu into small pieces.
4. Bring mixture to a boil. Turn heat down to low, and simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
5. Stir in noodles. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Serve in two soup bowls.