Healthy Recipes - Healthy Eating Print this page
Swiss Chard Soup with Beans
Swiss chard is high in sodium; it is also high in many vitamins and minerals. This soup is a complete and healthy meal for less than 500 mg. of sodium per serving.
1 Tablespoon healthy oil
1. Combine onion and garlic in a bowl.
1. Heat oil in a stockpot over medium low heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook until onion is tender, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Add zucchini and carrot. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
3. Add spices. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
4. Add Swiss chard, tomato sauce and beans. Stir to combine.
5. Add broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 20 minutes, or until chard is tender, stirring occasionally.
6. While soup is simmering, cook the small elbow macaroni. Drain and rinse.