Healthy Recipes - Healthy Eating Print this page
This scalloped potato recipe is easy and delicious. It's a side dish that goes well with numerous other low sodium recipes.
6 servings: 146 mg. sodium per serving
18 ounces russet potatoes, peeled and sliced thin (1/8 inch pieces)
1. Melt butter in milk over low heat. Add salt. Stir to combine. Set aside.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In the greased baking dish, place a layer of half of the sliced potatoes. Sprinkle evenly with 1 Tablespoon flour and half of the onion and pepper. Repeat with second layer.
3. Pour milk mixture over the top. Add enough more milk to barely cover the potatoes.
4. Sprinkle cheese evenly over the top. Bake 50 minutes to 1 hour, or until cheese is browned. Serve.