Healthy Recipes - Healthy Eating Print this page
Potato Carrot Chicken Soup
Potatoes and carrots combine with avocado to give this soup an appealing texture and taste. Add the lemon juice, and you'll enjoy the best in low sodium cooking.
2 servings: 367 mg. sodium per serving
4 ounces cooked chicken breast, sliced thin
1. Combine potato and carrot in a bowl.
1. Heat oil in a small stockpot over medium heat. Add potato and carrot; turn heat down to low. Cook, stirring often, until vegetables start to soften, about 10 minutes.
3. Add chicken and cooked rice. Stir to combine. Simmer 5 minutes, uncovered, to let flavors blend.
4. Chop avocado into 1/2 inch pieces.
5. Divide chicken soup evenly into two large soup bowls. Add 1 to 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice to each bowl.
6. Add 1/2 of the avocado pieces to each bowl. Serve.