Healthy Recipes - Healthy Eating Print this page
Hearty Vegetable Soup
4 servings: 273 mg. sodium per serving
2 Tablespoons healthy oil
1. Put all vegetables, except mushrooms, zucchini and corn, in a bowl.
1. Heat oil in a stockpot over medium low heat. Add vegetables, except mushrooms, zucchini and corn. Cook, stirring often, for 10 minutes, or until Brussels sprouts begin to soften.
2. Add mushrooms, zucchini and corn. Cook for 5 minutes more, stirring often.
3. Add spices and herbs. Stir to combine. Cook for 1 minute.
4. Add refried beans. Stir to combine. Then add pinto beans; stir to combine. Add about 1-1/2 cups water (to barely cover vegetables).
5. Bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer. Simmer, uncovered, until broth thickens and vegetables are tender, about 30 minutes. Serve.