Healthy Recipes - Healthy Eating Print this page
Garbanzo Bean Soup
No salt added canned garbanzo beans are already cooked, but have more than one cup of beans per can. The leftovers can be frozen for future use. The other option is to cook your own beans, freezing any leftovers in one cup portions. This option also lowers the sodium content of the beans from 60 to 11 mg. per cup.
1 Tablespoon healthy oil
1. Place onion, carrot and bell pepper in a bowl.
2. Place tomato and garlic in a separate bowl.
3. Combine oregano, basil, rosemary, black pepper and salt in a separate bowl.
4. Have all other ingredients on hand.
1. Heat oil in a small stockpot over medium low heat. Add onion, carrot and bell pepper. Stir to combine. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring often.
2. Add garlic, tomatoes, garbanzo beans and spices. Stir to combine. Turn heat up a bit until vegetables are lightly sizzling; turn heat down to low and cook for 5 minutes, stirring often.