Healthy Recipes - Healthy Eating Print this page
Chicken Soup with Vegetables
4 servings: 253 mg. sodium per serving
1-3/4 pound chicken thighs, bone in
1. Combine onion, garlic and celery in a bowl.
2. Combine carrot and zucchini in a separate bowl.
3. Remove skin from chicken.
4. Have all other ingredients on hand.
1. Put chicken, water, onion, garlic and celery into a stockpot. Bring water to a boil; turn heat down to simmer. Simmer for 20 minutes, uncovered, skimming off the foam.
2. Add carrots, zucchini, pepper and salt. Stir to combine. Simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Remove chicken to a plate. Add lemon juice and rice to the stockpot. Stir to combine.
4. Take chicken off the bones; chop into small (1/2 inch) pieces. Return chicken to stockpot. Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.