Healthy Recipes - Healthy Eating Print this page
Canned Salmon Salad
Combine the chopped onion, bell pepper and garlic in a bowl.
2. Combine 1Tablespoon plus 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice and the next two ingredients in a separate bowl.
3. Heat oil over medium low heat in an 8-inch skillet. Add onion mixture. Cook, stirring often, until the onions are tender, about 5 minutes.
4. Add lemon juice mixture. Stir to combine. Turn heat down to low. Simmer until the vegetables have absorbed almost all of the lemon juice, about 5 minutes. Place in a jar and refrigerate overnight.
1. Drain and rinse the canned salmon in a colander. Break into small pieces; remove bones, if any. Place salmon into a bowl.
2. Combine mayonnaise with the next three ingredients in a separate bowl. Stir to combine well.
3. Add marinated vegetables to the salmon. Stir to combine. Add mayonnaise mixture. Stir to combine.
4. Add torn lettuce leaves. Stir to combine. Place in refrigerator for 1/2 hour. Stir salad again. Serve.