Healthy Recipes - Healthy Eating Print this page
This low salt version of cabbage soup has been the solution to my problem of what to do with the inevitable left over cabbage that resides in my vegetable bin. It happens to be a delicious solution. The very low sodium content can be obtained only if you make your own vegetable broth. If low sodium commercial vegetable broth (140 mg. of sodium per serving) is used, the total sodium content would be 160 mg.
3 servings: 94 mg. sodium per serving
1. Combine onion and garlic in a bowl.
2. Combine rosemary and peppers in a separate bowl.
3. Have all other ingredients on hand.
1. Heat oil in a stockpot over medium low heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook until onion is tender, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Add rosemary and peppers. Cook for 1 minute, stirring occasionally.
3. Add cabbage. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
4. Add vegetable broth. Bring to a boil; turn heat down to simmer. Simmer for 10 minutes, uncovered. Serve.