Healthy Recipes - Healthy Eating Print this page
Brussels Sprouts Soup
For those who hate Brussels sprouts, this low salt soup can be the answer to enjoying this healthy vegetable.
6 (3/4 cup) servings: 167 mg. sodium per serving
1 Tablespoon healthy oil
1. Cut the Brussels sprouts into quarters, cutting off the tough ends.
1. Heat oil in a stockpot over medium-low heat. Add onion and Brussels sprouts. Cook, stirring often, until the Brussels sprouts begin to soften, about 10 minutes.
2. Add nutmeg, salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
3. Add sherry, if using. Stir to combine.
4. Add chicken broth. Bring the liquid to a boil; then turn the heat down to low. Simmer, covered, for 30 minutes.
5. Puree soup in a blender, a portion at a time, until smooth. Return pureed soup to the stockpot.
6. Add milk. Heat through and serve.