Healthy Recipes - Healthy Eating Print this page
40 - 1 Tablespoon servings: 14 mg. sodium per serving
2 Tablespoons healthy oil
1. Place the chopped onion and garlic in a bowl.
2.. Combine the rest of the ingredients in a separate bowl; mix until well combined.
1. Heat the oil in a stockpot over medium low heat.
2. Add the onion and garlic. Cook, stirring often, until the onion is tender, about 5 minutes.
3. Add the tomato mixture to the stockpot; stir until well combined. Bring the mixture to a boil, then turn heat down to simmer. Simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove the stockpot from heat and let the sauce cool for about 5 minutes.
4. Place the sauce, about 1/3 at a time, into a blender. Blend until smooth. Place the sauce in the refrigerator to store. Freeze in desired portions if storage is to exceed one week.