Healthy Recipes - Healthy Eating Print this page
This recipe is for those who use their turkey carcass to make turkey broth after holiday meals. If you use salt in your broth recipe, adjust the sodium content of each serving accordingly.
2 servings: 246 mg. sodium per serving
2 Tablespoons healthy oil
1. Combine carrots, celery, onion and potato in a bowl.
2. Combine parsley, basil, thyme, pepper and salt in a separate bowl.
3. Have all other ingredients on hand.
1. Heat oil in a stockpot over medium heat. Add carrots, celery, onion and potato; turn heat down to medium low. Cook vegetables, stirring often, until they begin to soften, about 5-7 minutes.
2. Add spices. Stir to combine. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
3. Add turkey pieces. Stir to combine. Cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
4. Add turkey broth. Stir to combine. Bring broth to a boil; then turn heat down to low. Simmer 15-20 minutes, uncovered, until vegetables are tender. Serve.