Healthy Recipes - Healthy Eating Print this page
Low sodium meatballs combined with low sodium tomato sauce is a tasty combination that makes the low sodium lifestyle well worth living.
1 pound ground turkey
1. Make Meatball Tomato Sauce. Set aside.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Bake turkey meatballs for 25 minutes.
3. Remove meatballs from baking sheet and place in pan with tomato sauce. Stir to combine. Bring mixture to a boil; then turn heat down to simmer. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes, turning meatballs over gently several times with a large spoon. Serve with meatball tomato sauce on top.
Meatball Tomato Sauce1 Tablespoon healthy oil
1/2 cup chopped onion (1/2 inch pieces)
1 large clove garlic, minced
1 (14.5 oz) can no salt added diceed tomatoes
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon lemon pepper with garlic and onion
1. Combine onion and garlic in a bowl.
1. Heat oil in a 9 inch skillet over medium low heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook until onion is soft, about 5 minutes, stirring often.