Healthy Recipes - Healthy Eating Print this page
8 (1/2 cup) servings: 112 mg. sodium per serving
1. Place onion, green bell pepper and garlic in a bowl.
1. In a large (10 or 12 inch) skillet, combine ground beef, onion, green pepper and garlic. Cook over medium low heat, stirring often, until beef has lost its pink color. Drain the fat.
2. Add spices. Stir until spices are well combined.
3. Add lemon juice and water; stir until well combined with beef mixture. Bring mixture to a boil, turn heat down to low and simmer, uncovered, 1 hour or more, until water is completely absorbed into the meat mixture, stirring occasionally.
4. Add corn. Stir to combine. Simmer 5 more minutes.
5. If not serving immediately, refrigerate. If not used within 3 days, freeze in portions depending on future use.