Healthy Recipes - Healthy Eating Print this page
Poached Fish in Wine
4 servings: 237 mg. sodium per serving
2 Tablespoons healthy oil
1. Place onions and garlic together in a bowl.
1. Heat oil in a 9 inch skillet over medium-low heat. Add onions and garlic. Cook until onions are soft, about 4 minutes, stirring often.
2. Add spices; stir for 1 minute.
3. Add wine/lemon juice mixture. Stir to combine.
4. Add fish; spoon liquid over the fish. Bring liquid to a boil. Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, or until fish flakes easily with a fork, basting occasionally.
5. Remove fish; keep warm. Simmer the sauce that is left in the pan until the liquid is reduced by half, about 2 to 3 minutes. Pour sauce over fish and serve.