Healthy Recipes - Healthy Eating Print this page
Avocado and Noodles with Pizza Sauce
I have lots of pizza sauce in the freezer, frozen in 1/2 cup portions, for recipes such as this one. If you can remember to move the pizza sauce from the freezer to the refrigerator the night before, this lunch is an easy and delicious way to enjoy low sodium cooking. Soaking the jars in water is another way to defrost the sauce enough to pour it into the pan with the onions when it's time to heat through.
2 servings: 108 mg. sodium per serving
1 Tablespoon healthy oil
1. Cook noodles until tender, about 12 minutes, omitting salt. Drain and rinse briefly. Set aside.
1. Heat oil in 9 inch skillet over medium-low heat. Add onion and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Add pizza sauce. Heat well.
3. Rinse noodles again, then heat through.
4. Divide avocado and hot noodles in the bottom of two soup bowls.
5. Spoon hot pizza sauce mixture evenly over the avocado/noodles. Stir.
6. Add half of oil and lemon juice to each bowl. Stir again. Serve.