Healthy Recipes - Healthy Eating Print this page
Oven Baked Chicken Nuggets
The French bread breadcrumbs give these nuggets a tangy taste that makes you forget they are low in sodium. This tasty dish can be served with your favorite, hopefully low sodium, dipping sauce. If the chicken breasts are more than 1/4 inch thick, a longer cooking time may be necessary.
1/2 pound boneless, skinless thinly sliced (1/4 inch thick) chicken breasts
1. Cut breasts in half length-wise, then into 2 inch pieces.
2. Place breadcrumbs on a large plate. Add dill weed and next 4 ingredients. Mix well.
3. Place eggs in a bowl; beat well.
4. Lightly grease a cross-wire rack with healthy oil. Place the rack onto a baking sheet to catch any drippings.
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Dip chicken pieces, one at a time, into the egg. Shake off excess egg.
3. Coat each chicken piece with bread crumbs. Place in single layers on the greased cross-wire rack.
4. Bake 15 to 20 minutes, until nuggets are crispy brown on the outside and white on the inside. Serve.