Healthy Recipes - Healthy Eating Print this page
Orange Juice Chicken
The lack of contrasting colors in this dish does not detract from its delicious taste. Some of the sauce can be used to give great flavor to a side serving of salt free cooked rice.
1/2 cup orange juice
1. Combine orange juice with the next 5 ingredients in a bowl.
2. Combine the flour and pepper in a paper bag.*
3. Have all other ingredients on hand.
1. Cut off excess fat from the chicken, if any.
2. Place chicken pieces, one at a time, in the paper bag and shake to coat both sides with flour. Place floured chicken on a plate. (Flour and pepper can be mixed together instead on a plate. Then place chicken on top of flour mixture and turn until both sides are covered. Shake off excess flour. Place chicken on a plate.)
3. Heat oil in a 9 inch skillet over medium low heat. Place chicken in skillet and cook until brown, about 4 to 5 minutes per side.
4. Add orange juice mixture; bring to a boil. Turn heat down to simmer. Cover the skillet, and simmer for 30 minutes. Remove chicken from pan.
5. Combine cornstarch with water. Add to juice in the pan. Stir briefly until thickened. Serve chicken with sauce on top.