Healthy Recipes - Healthy Eating Print this page
2-1/2 pounds fryer chicken parts (2 thighs; 2 legs; 2 breasts), skin removed
1. Remove skin from chicken.
1. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
2. Brown the chicken lightly in the oil, about 4 to 5 minutes per side.
3. Sprinkle the top of the browned chicken with the spices, onion, and lemon juice. Cover the skillet; reduce heat to simmer. Simmer for 30 minutes.
4. Remove chicken from skillet, leaving sauce behind. Keep chicken warm.
5. Thicken the sauce by combining cornstarch with water in a bowl; stir with a wire whisk or fork until smooth. Pour cornstarch mixture into the skillet.
6. Heat sauce to a boil, then turn heat down to simmer. Simmer, stirring constantly, until sauce thickens, about 1-2 minutes. Serve over cooked chicken.