Healthy Recipes - Healthy Eating Print this page
Leftover Pork Roast with Vegetables
2 Servings: 296 mg. sodium per serving
1 Tablespoon healthy oil
1. Place onion, celery, mushrooms and garlic in a bowl.
1. Heat oil over medium low heat in a 9 inch skillet. Add onion, celery, mushrooms and garlic. Cook 5 minutes, stirring often.
2. Add pork. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
3. Add chicken broth mixture, stirring to combine. Bring mixture to a boil. Turn heat down to simmer; simmer 25 minutes, uncovered, stirring occasionally.
4. Mix corn starch in a bowl with water. Pour into skillet; stir to combine well. Continue to stir until broth is thick, about 30 seconds. Serve, topped with toasted almonds. Can be served over rice cooked without salt.