Healthy Recipes - Healthy Eating Print this page
Lamb Patties with Tomato Sauce
The combination of flavored patties and tomato sauce make this simple recipe a tasty, low sodium alternative to restaurant provided beef patties.
2 servings: 217 mg. sodium per serving
1/2 pound lean ground lamb
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1. Combine lamb with the next 5 ingredients, mixing together well. Form into 4 (2 oz. each) patties.
2. Combine basil and oregano in a bowl.
3. Combine tomato sauce and water in a separate bowl.
1. Heat oil in a 9-inch skillet over medium heat. Add lamb patties. Turn heat down to medium low. Cook on each side for 2 to 3 minutes per side, until lightly browned. Remove from skillet. Drain all but 2 teaspoons of the fat from the skillet.
2. Add basil and oregano. Stir for 1 minute.
3. Add tomato sauce mixture to the skillet. Stir to combine. Cook for 1 minute, stirring often.
4. Return lamb patties to the skillet, turning once to coat with sauce. Bring to a soft boil. Turn heat to low. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
5. Serve lamb patties, covering each serving with half of the tomato sauce.