Healthy Recipes - Healthy Eating Print this page
Ground Beef with Noodles
This tasty dish is quick and easy to prepare, especially if you have frozen your pizza sauce in 1 Tablespoon servings for future use. I prefer my noodles tender rather than al dente.
1/2 lb. lean ground beef
1. Combine sugar, pepper and salt in a bowl.
2. Cook noodles according to package directions, until tender. Drain and rinse lightly. Set aside.
3. Have all other ingredients on hand.
1. Crumble beef into a 9 inch skillet. Add bell pepper, if using. Heat skillet over medium low heat. Cook beef until it loses its pink color, stirring often, breaking beef into small pieces.
2. Add pizza sauce. Stir to combine well. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring often.
3. Add sugar, pepper and salt. Stir to combine.
4. Add yogurt. Cook mixture for about 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add cheese. Stir again; simmer until cheese melts, barely 1 minute.
5. Add noodles. Stir to combine. Simmer for 4-5 minutes, stirring often. Serve.