Healthy Recipes - Healthy Eating Print this page
Ground Beef Enchiladas
I use tortillas with 170 mg. of sodium per tortilla, which is the lowest sodium tortilla that I can find in my local markets. You can adjust the sodium content of this recipe depending on what you can find in your market.
1/2 pound lean ground beef
1. Combine the onion, celery, cilantro and garlic in a bowl.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Brown the beef with onion mixture in a 9 inch skillet over medium low heat. Drain fat.
3. Add parsley, pepper, garlic powder and pepper flakes. Cook 5 minutes, stirring often.
4. Steam tortillas individually for about 20 seconds or soften in a microwave. Remove to a plate. Place meat mixture inside tortillas; roll up and put, seam side down, in a small casserole dish.
5. Top tortillas with enchilada sauce and cheese. Bake, uncovered, for 20 to 25 minutes, or until hot and bubbly and the cheese has melted. Serve.