Healthy Recipes - Healthy Eating Print this page
Fried/Baked Pork Chops
I use homemade French bread breadcrumbs from lowest sodium French bread (10 mg. per ounce) for this recipe. I like the tangy taste these breadcrumbs give. If your markets do not carry low sodium French bread, try making your own breadcrumbs from the lowest sodium French bread you can find, and adjust the sodium content of this recipe accordingly.
2 Servings: 157 mg. sodium per serving
2 bone-in loin pork chops, 1/2 inch thick
1. On a plate, combine breadcrumbs with the next 4 ingredients. Mix well to combine.
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
2. Dip both sides of a pork chop in the egg, allowing any excess moisture to slip off. Transfer pork chop to the bread crumbs; cover both sides of chop with crumbs. Put on a separate plate. Repeat with second chop.
3. Heat oil in a 10 inch skillet over medium low heat. Add breaded pork chops when oil is hot enough to make them sizzle. Cook until brown on one side, about 3 minutes. Turn pork chops over and brown on other side, about 3 minutes.
4. Remove chops from pan; place them on the greased baking sheet. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until pork is tender and meat thermometer registers 160 degrees F. Serve.