Healthy Recipes - Healthy Eating Print this page
Fried and Baked Salmon Cakes
1 Tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons healthy oil, divided
1. Combine parsley, black and lemon peppers and salt in a bowl.
2. Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a 9-inch skillet over medium low heat. Add onions. Cook until onion is tender, about 5 minutes, stirring often. Add dried parsley, peppers and salt. Cook 2 more minutes, stirring often. Remove from heat. Transfer onion mixture into a large bowl.
3. Add breadcrumbs and mustard to the bowl. Stir to combine with the onions. Add beaten egg. Stir to combine again.
4. Drain salmon in a colander. Remove any bones. Break salmon up into small pieces. Add salmon to the large bowl. Mix well. Form into 4 patties.
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Line a shallow baking sheet with parchment paper.
3. Heat remaining Tablespoon of oil over medium heat in the 9-inch skillet that was used to cook the onions. Add salmon patties. Cook until lightly browned, about 2 to 3 minutes. Turn patties over onto the parchment paper so that the cooked side is up.
4. Bake patties in oven for about 15 to 20 minutes, until browned on top. Serve, with Dill Weed Sauce if desired.
Dill Weed Sauce
4 teaspoons mayonnaise
Place all ingredients in a bowl. Stir to combine well. Serve.