Healthy Recipes - Healthy Eating Print this page
English Muffin Sandwich
The English Muffins I use are multi-grain with 170 mg. of sodium per muffin. Check the label on your choice and adjust the sodium content accordingly for this tasty recipe.
1 English muffin
1. Combine peppers and salt in a bowl.
2. Mash chopped avocado in a bowl until smooth.
1. Cut muffin in half. Toast the muffin halves. Set aside.
2. Heat oil in an 8-inch skillet over medium low heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes.
3. Add mushrooms. Stir to combine. Cook, stirring often, until lightly browned, about 4 minutes.
4. Add peppers and salt. Stir to combine. Cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
5. While vegetables cool, spread mayonnaise evenly over both halves of the toasted muffin. Arrange sliced cheese evenly over them. Melt cheese in a 300-degree oven. Place muffin halves, melted cheese side up, onto a plate.