Healthy Recipes - Healthy Eating Print this page
Crusted Chicken Breast
This chicken breast recipe is a tasty recipe that is easy to make. You can grind more nuts than the recipe calls for, and freeze them in portions for future use. The chicken breasts should be no more than 1/2-inch thick.
2 servings: 267 mg. sodium per serving
2 (4 oz. each) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, 1/2-inch thick
1. Grind enough pecan nuts in a grinder or food processor to make 1/4 cup chopped nuts. The ground nuts should be large enough to give a crunchy texture to the chicken, about 1/16 inch in size.
2. Place chopped pecans into a bowl. Add pepper, garlic granules and salt. Stir to combine well.
3. Beat egg well in a separate bowl with 1 Tablespoon water.
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Place chicken breasts onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Brush the top of each breast with about 1/2 teaspoon of the beaten egg. Sprinkle each breast evenly with 2 Tablespoons flavored chopped pecans. Press lightly to help pecans stick to the breasts.
3. Bake until chicken breasts are done, about 20 minutes. Serve.