Healthy Recipes - Healthy Eating Print this page
Chicken with Wine and Bacon
This tasty dish can be served over rice or noodles that have been cooked without salt.
2 servings: 268 mg. sodium per serving
1/4 cup red wine
1. Combine wine, pepper, thyme, parsley, salt and chicken in a bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours.
2. Place onion and carrot in a separate bowl.
3. Have all other ingredients on hand.
1. Place bacon pieces into a 9 inch skillet. Turn heat to medium. Cook bacon until it is browned and crisp, stirring often. Remove bacon, leaving the fat behind in the skillet.
2. Turn heat down to medium low. Add onion and carrot to the pan; cook for 5 minutes, stirring often. Add mushrooms. Cook for about 10 more minutes, stirring often, or until vegetables are tender. Remove vegetables from the skillet.
3. Remove chicken from marinade, saving marinade. Add chicken to the skillet. Turn heat up to medium. Cook until chicken pieces are cooked through, about 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
5. Whisk flour into marinade. Add marinade, cooked vegetables and cooked bacon pieces to the skillet. Stir constantly until marinade is thickened, about 1 minute or so. Serve.