Healthy Recipes - Healthy Eating Print this page
Chicken Noodle Casserole
What can beat chicken and noodles for a meal on a cool night? The spices are just right, the cheese makes it yummy AND it's low salt.
2 servings: 199 mg. sodium per serving
1 Tablespoon healthy oil
1. Cook noodles according to package directions, omitting salt. Drain. Do not rinse.
1. Heat oil in a 9 inch skillet over medium low heat. Add onion. Cook until onion is soft, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Add chicken. Stir to combine. Cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Add chicken broth mixture. Stir to combine.
4. Add cooked noodles. Bring to a low boil; turn heat to simmer. Stir noodles continually until noodles have absorbed all liquid, about 3 to 4 minutes.
5. Sprinkle cheese evenly over top of noodles. Cover pan; heat for 2 to 3 more minutes, until cheese is melted. Serve.