Healthy Recipes - Healthy Eating Print this page
This is an old family recipe that has always been a favorite of mine. My Mom's recipe included sliced green olives which I had to eliminate due to their high sodium content. With a small amount of salt, the total sodium remains low while the delicious taste remains high.
4 servings: 365 mg. sodium per serving
4 (1/4 pound) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1. Place the 1/4 cup flour and black pepper onto a large plate. Stir to combine.
2. Coat chicken with flour. Shake off excess.
3. Have all other ingredients on hand.
1. Heat the 2 Tablespoons margarine in a 10 inch skillet over medium-low heat. Brown chicken on both sides until done, about 8 minutes per side, until white throughout. Remove from pan and keep warm.
2. To make the sauce, add oil to the skillet. Add the 2 Tablespoons flour; stir with a wire whisk until well blended. Add chicken broth. Stir with the whisk until sauce thickens.
3. Add sliced mushrooms and drained chopped tomatoes. Stir gently with a spoon to combine. Add onion, peas, salt and wine. Stir briefly until well mixed. Bring sauce to a boil, turn heat to low and simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
4. Place 1/2 cup Chinese noodles on each of 4 plates. Place one chicken breast on top of each serving of Chinese noodles. Pour a quarter of the sauce over each serving of chicken. Sprinkle each serving with 2 Tablespoons almonds. Serve.