Healthy Recipes - Healthy Eating Print this page
Chicken Drumettes in Adobo Sauce
These tasty low sodium drumettes can be used for an everyday meal, or for parties if you double or triple the recipe. They are healthier than the salted, deep fried versions.
2 servings: 265 mg. sodium per serving
1/2 cup no salt added ketchup
1. Place all ingredients except the chicken in a saucepan. Stir to combine.
2. Bring mixture to a boil; turn heat down to low and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, uncovered, until sauce is thickened.
3. Allow mixture to cool for 15 minutes. Place mixture into a blender. Blend until smooth. Pour into an 8 x 8 x 2 inch dish.
4. Put drumettes into the dish, turning several times to coat well with the sauce. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
2. Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place a cross wire rack over the baking sheet. Place drumettes on the rack, covering them with sauce left in the dish.
3. Bake drumettes for 30 to 35 minutes, until done. Serve.