Healthy Recipes - Healthy Eating Print this page
Chicken Breast with Pizza Sauce
4 servings: 166 mg. sodium per serving
4 (1/4 pound each) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1. Sprinkle chicken on one side with pepper and basil to taste
2. Have all other ingredients on hand.
1. Heat oil in a 9 inch skillet over medium low heat. Place chicken, pepper side down, into pan. Cook until brown, about 3 minutes. Before turning, sprinkle pepper and basil to taste on the side of the chicken that is up.
2. Turn chicken over and brown on second side until brown, about 3 minutes. Remove chicken from pan.
3. Pour pizza sauce into pan; stir to cover bottom of pan. Put chicken back into pan. Cover chicken with half the sauce.
4. Bring remaining sauce to a boil; turn down heat.
5. Sprinkle chicken evenly with cheese. Cover and cook until cheese is melted, about 1 to 2 minutes. Serve.