Healthy Recipes - Healthy Eating Print this page
Breaded Fried Fish
1. Place flour on a large plate.
1. Roll fish fillets in flour to coat evenly. Remove; shake off excess flour.
2. Dip fillets into the beaten egg; shake gently to remove excess egg.
3. Cover fillets with the seasoned bread crumbs by placing them on top of the bread crumbs on the plate and turning often until the crumbs are evenly distributed.
4. Heat oil and butter or margarine in a 9 inch skillet over medium-low heat. Place fillets in the pan. Cook until the bottom of fillets are brown, about 5 to 7 minutes.
5. Turn fillets over and cook second side until done, about 5 to 7 minutes more, when fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve.