Healthy Recipes - Healthy Eating Print this page
Black Beans with Vegetables
This quick-cook recipe is colorful and healthy. If you use 1-1/2 cups home cooked black beans, the sodium content is only 182 mg. per serving. Raw black beans are sodium free.
2 Tablespoons healthy oil
1. Combine onion and bell peppers in a bowl.
2. Combine thyme, oregano, basil and peppers in a separate bowl.
3. Have all other ingredients on hand.
1. Heat oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium low heat. Add onion and bell peppers. Cook, stirring often, until onion is tender, about 5 minutes.
2. Add mushrooms. Cook for 4 minutes, stirring often.
3. Add spices and tomato. Stir to combine. Cook for 7 minutes, stirring often.
4. Add beans. Stir to combine. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes, stirring often, until beans have picked up the flavor of the ingredients. Serve.