Healthy Recipes - Healthy Eating Print this page
Black Bean Salad
3 (1 cup) servings: 228 mg. sodium per serving
1 (15 oz.) can no salt added black beans, drained and rinsed
3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1. Make the dressing. Set aside.
2. Combine corn, bell pepper and red onion in a bowl.
3. Have all other ingredients on hand.
1. Heat the 1 Tablespoon oil in a 9 inch skillet over medium low heat. Add corn, bell pepper and red onion. Cook until onion is tender, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
2. In a large bowl, combine black beans with the cooked corn, bell pepper and onion. Add green onions. Stir to combine.
3. Add dressing. Stir well to combine. Refrigerate overnight. Stir periodically until time to serve. Serve for lunch or dinner.