Healthy Recipes - Healthy Eating Print this page
Bell Pepper Stew
6 servings: 103 mg. sodium per serving
2 Tablespoon healthy oil
1. If using frozen bell peppers, defrost in a large bowl, saving liquid. Slice according to above directions.
1. Heat oil in a stockpot over medium low heat. Add bell peppers, onion and garlic. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring often.
2. Add seasonings. Stir to combine.
3. Add water. Bring mixture to a soft boil; then turn heat down to simmer. Simmer for 20 minutes, uncovered, until water has almost evaporated completely, stirring occasionally.
4. Add lemon juice. Stir to combine. Cook for 4 minutes, stirring often.
5. Combine cornstarch and water in a small bowl. Add to bell pepper mixture. Stir briefly, about 1 to 2 minutes, until mixture is thickened. Heat through. Serve.