Healthy Recipes - Healthy Eating Print this page
Basic Ground Beef Stew
This tasty low sodium beef stew recipe cuts down on the number of vegetables that would have to be chopped in a more traditional stew. If you yearn for pieces of carrots and celery in your stew, they can be added in small amounts and cooked with the onions. An extra half cup of beef broth should also be added. Adjust the sodium content of the stew accordingly.
1. Combine the six spices in a bowl.
2. Have all other ingredients on hand.
1. Crumble beef into a small stockpot. Add onion. Heat stockpot until beef starts to sizzle. Turn heat down to medium low. Cook, stirring often, until beef has lost its pink color. Break up meat into small pieces as it cooks. Drain fat.
2. Add remaining ingredients. Stir to combine. Bring mixture to a boil; turn heat down to simmer.
3. Cover and simmer until vegetables are tender, about 40 minutes. Serve.