Healthy Recipes - Healthy Eating Print this page
5 servings: 363 mg. sodium per serving
2 (15 oz.) cans no salt added Great Northern beans, drained and rinsed, or 3 cups home cooked beans
1. Combine brown sugar, ketchup, mustard and salt in a bowl.
2. Cut bacon into 1-inch long pieces.
3. Lightly grease an 8 x 8 x 2-inch casserole dish
4. Have all other ingredients on hand.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Place beans in a bowl. Add brown sugar mixture. Stir to combine well. Add chopped onion. Stir to combine.
3. Pour bean mixture into the greased casserole dish.
4. Cover the beans evenly with the bacon pieces. Bake, uncovered, for 1 hour. Serve.